Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weeds, Sun Block, and Sunshine

You may not know this, but pulling weeds can be enjoyable. At least when you know you're getting paid for doing it. Of course the best types of weeds, to have fun pulling, are the ones that have been growing for over a month and are taller than the flowers that were supposed to grow in that flower bed.

Working outside all day has its perks. I can wear shorts and tennis shoes and a hat if I want. I don't have to wear makeup because not many people will see me that close anyway. I get lots of fresh air and sun. Lastly, I get a nice tone of tan on my...arms and neck. This type of sun tan usually is referred to as a farmer's tan. I tried to make it better by rolling up my sleeves but it didn't help. It only gave me a second shade of stripe. On my day off I wore a sleeveless shirt to tan my moon white shoulders. Now I have four shades to my arms: dark tan, light tan, white, and red (which just happens to be peeling). I should have just let my farmer's tan be. At least my arms would've matched my legs.

This weekend is the Sunshine Festival, and I still have never been. You'd think an avid Christian music fan would go to this enormous Christian music festival, but I still have never been. Some of my favorite bands will be playing there such as: Relient K, Capital Lights, Hyland, Children 18:3, Asher, Newsboys, Barlowgirl, Skillet, and more. But I still have never been. I wish I could go.

1 comment:

  1. That is very sad about never being able to go to the Sunshine Festival. but...tough potato chips! I've never been to Europe or Hawaii, or Mexico, (not that I want to go there, since there are drug wars going on), or Bermuda, or Washington DC for that matter. Who cares about some silly bunch of no name bands in a corn field somewhere?
    I do feel your pain about the strange tan lines though. Have fun in the weed patch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a comment! PLEASE!