Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Personality is on My Head


I would probably like my natural hair color if I saw it again, but waiting for it to grow out takes too long. I was born blonde. By high school I realized that my baby hair was gone. My adult hair was here. I decided adult hair needed high lights. That’s where it all began. I was 15, I cut my hair shorter than it had been since I was 3 (shoulder length), and I got high lights. Since then I’ve changed my hair color many times. Highlights, bleach blonde, light blonde, pink streaks, dark brunette, medium blonde, intense high lights, light blonde, red, orange, and now brunette. Intense orange was never the plan, but I knew at some point I would make a stupid decision. My hair is very forgiving, but the mirror isn’t. My orange hair seemed to announce, “A new punk singer has emerged. Her name is Orange. Don’t forget to check out her new single, My hair color burned my mother’s eyes out.”
Changing hair colors is like revealing more of my personality. As you can tell, I have a lot of that. But deep down I’m a blonde haired, blue eyed, all American, midwestern girl.

4 comments:

  1. You are sort of schizophrenic in the personality department, but I love all of you. Even Orange:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You sure experiment. My favorites are the top left and the bottom one where you are in teal. And that particular definition of an all american girl is debatable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis: it's not the definition of the all american girl. the all american girl is part of my definition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your spunk and that you go ahead and try what you want (even if risky) and don't care so much what others think. (I struggle with that a lot!)
    Most things of worth involve taking a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a comment! PLEASE!