Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stellar Kart


Going to a concert alone doesn’t sound like fun but when you’re in the middle of a huge crowd it tends not to matter. A few weeks ago, I went to a concert at club 3 degrees. It was Stellar Kart and Barlow Girls and some other band I don’t know. Before you think I’m entirely lame for going alone, I didn’t plan that. I had order 2 tickets because a friend said she could go. An unavoidable meeting detained her, but she made it to see the last band-Barlow Girls. While Barlow Girls was very profound, encouraging and all around good, I loved Stellar Kart the most. Maybe it’s because Stellar Kart is made up of cute guys in their 20’s. Maybe it’s because they play music that praises God and teaches Christian truths. Maybe it’s because they wear bright colors. Maybe it's because they make me laugh.Watch this video and decide for yourself:


Back to my boring story... While that band I didn’t know what playing I wandered around the club for a while looking for a good place to stand. I wanted to stand closer to the stage, but when I found ‘that almost midget like’ person to stand behind, I knew I couldn’t get a better view. For me, someone of 5’3,” finding someone shorter to stand behind is the only way to view a concert clearly in the pit of club 3 degrees. Thank you, short person. You should treasure your vertically challenged body because it encourages others, but then again, maybe you’re not Baptist.

Until this concert I didn’t realize how many people take pictures at these sort of events. I tried. I gave it my best shot, with my phone, because I didn’t bring my digital camera. I intended to, but the camera is the one thing I always forget. Only the least important moments of my life are recorded in photographs so why should this be any different?
Here’s what I did get of Stellar Kart:

My camera phone sucks lollipops.

This Friday I plan on going to another concert. This time I will see Sanctus Real and Above the Golden State. I know most people would probably go to see Sanctus Real (they’re actually a well known Christian band), but I’m actually going because Above the Golden State will be there. Oh Oregon guys. At least I’m fairly certain I won’t be going alone this time. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Shiny gold pants on a man does not look hot. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    Your photo of the band reminds me of how the whole experience might look if you were high on pot (you know like those hippies in the '60
    s).
    Anyway, just speculation as I was not around in the 60's (at least not old enough to remember...)
    nor have I ever been high on pot. But, thanks to your photography, I can now have a brief 'virtual' experience :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please write me a comment! PLEASE!