Friday, July 16, 2010

I like rats in my river.

The River Rats of Minnesota put on their weekly show this past Thursday. It was a magnificent effort of power, speed, strength, and poise as the teams of the River Rats took to the waters on their skis. I was amazed. Here's their website if you are interested> http://www.tcriverrats.com/
This was the first water show I had ever been to and it couldn’t have been more perfect. The temperature was perfect for sitting outside. There were hardly any bugs to be seen. The hillside we sat on was comfortable for at least the first 20 minutes of the show. And the Biff’s hand sanitizer was full. What more could we ask for than to be sitting right in front of the Mississippi River watching people perform stunts in the water while being pulled by boats with powerful engines?
Sadly, I do not have any proof that I was there other than an eyewitness. Emily Fischer came with me to the show after a sampling of the Fireside Restaurant in Rosemount where slivers are chunks so what happened to the rest of the apple?
Back to the River Rats: How can someone love a temporary high so much as to offer all of their time and energy to that one thing?

1 comment:

Please write me a comment! PLEASE!